Creamy Chocolate Cherry – Network Ten
- Precool an ice cream maker.
- For the chocolate cream, combine the two chocolates in a medium heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Put the cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick.
- Slowly add the hot cream to the egg yolk mixture and whisk until incorporated. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan. Stir continuously over medium heat until the mixture reaches 84oC.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Let stand for one minute then stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour the cream into 10 x 7 cm round silicone moulds. Level the surface and remove the excess with an offset spatula. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Remove the crémeux from the silicone mold and place them on serving plates and reserve in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For the cherry sorbet, thaw the cherry puree in the microwave in 1 minute intervals until completely melted. Add glucose and lemon juice and whisk until well blended.
- Store the mixture in the refrigerator until it cools.
- Pour into the ice cream maker and churn until thickened. Transfer the sorbet to a container, cover and set aside in the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve, place the crème fraîche in a piping bag.
- Pipe about a teaspoon of fresh cream in the center of each cream and place 6 cherry halves on top.
- Finish with a few flakes of fleur de sel and a small rock of cherry sorbet. Serve immediately.