Vegan chocolate recalled due to undeclared milk
by: Isabel Colello, Nexstar Multimedia Cable
(WWTI) – Consumers are warned of the presence of dairy products in certain “dairy-free” chocolates.
The Food and Drug Administration has confirmed that TJX Companies, Inc. has recalled certain vegan chocolate products due to undeclared milk potential.
As of May 2, the FDA said one illness has been reported in connection with the recalled products. The recall was launched after it was discovered that products labeled “dairy-free” contained milk.
An investigation confirmed that this was due to a manufacturing error at the supplier’s factory.
These products were distributed to TJX retail stores nationwide. TJX operates TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and HomeSense.
According to the FDA, it can pose serious and even fatal risks for people with milk allergies if they consume these products.
The recalled products include:
- Pimlico Confectioners Vegan Fine Hazelnut Truffles” in a 3.88 oz green plastic package.
- “Keats London Vegan Hazelnut Dark Chocolate” in a 4.93 ounce round green plastic wrapper.
- “Keats London Vegan Irish Cream Truffles” in a 4.93 ounce round blue plastic package.
Customers who have purchased any of the products listed above are requested to return them to the store where they were purchased or contact the appropriate customer service for a full refund:
- TJ Maxx – (800) 926-6299
- Marshals – (888) 627-7425
- Household Products – (800)-888-0776
- Sierra– (800)-713-4534
- Homesense – (855) 660-4663