We can totally connect with Masaba Gupta’s Chocolate Sacrifice, can you?
From sweating it out in the gym to adopting healthy eating habits, fashion designer Masaba Gupta is an inspiration to many. And, she is keen to share tips with her fans on Instagram. We all agree that a toned and fit body is not easy. And no one knows that better than Masaba. His latest Instagram Stories are proof of this. The designer confided in her last food sacrifice. No, she wasn’t talking about slices of pizza or a portion of fries. She’s talking about two chocolate cubes. “The sacrifices (having to eat 2 pieces instead of 4),” the fashion designer captioned the photo, featuring two chocolate cubes resting on the side of a plate.
(Also read: Revealed! Masaba Gupta shares his healthy diet and indulgences; take notes)
Well, if you’re wondering why even those two slices? Let us tell you that chocolates, after all, are not unhealthy. Although gorging on chocolates is not recommended, consciously including them in your diet can have a range of health benefits.
(Also read: Masaba Gupta starts his ‘health resolution’ with this delicious meal; see photo)
- The high magnesium content in dark chocolate can help lower blood pressure.
- A moderate amount of dark chocolate can reduce LDL which is the bad cholesterol and increase HDL (the good cholesterol). This in turn reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- Eating dark chocolate can help stimulate blood flow to key areas of the brain, for at least a few hours. It can help you focus and sharpen your memory.
- Dark chocolate can help keep your heart healthy. It can restore flexibility to the arteries and also prevents white blood cells from sticking to the walls of blood vessels.
- They can make you feel full longer. When consumed in moderate amounts, dark chocolate slows down the digestion process and further curbs cravings.